Terms & Conditions
‘We’ or ‘us’ refers to the business of Empire Property Investors Ltd trading as Birmingham Homebuyers whose office is; 73 Parklands, Birmingham B23 6LA.
By using this website you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use.
The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
We cannot be held liable for any losses or lawsuits which you may incur as a consequence of following the information provided on this website. The buyer must satisfy themselves of the quality and genuine value of selling their home for cash.
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. All clients are advised to seek independent professional advice prior to completing financial or legal transactions.
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies and use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us and may not be replicated. This material includes, but is not limited to, the website design, content and graphics.
This website may also include links to other websites for your convenience. We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s) nor do we endorse them.
We will never disclose any personal information that is supplied to us by our customers to any other parties. Any complaint or query relating to products sold by this site or information contained in this site should be addressed to us via the appropriate contact methods.
Terms of Business
Terms of business
Birmingham Homebuyers will initially make you an offer in principle. This is an indication of how much we may pay for your property based on the estimated market value which you provide.
- If this if of interest to you then we will arrange for an Asset Management Company to conduct an appraisal of your property, which includes at least one valuation from an estate agent local to your property.
- Once we get the appraisal report back from the Asset Management Company we will make you a formal offer, subject only to contract and survey. Should you decide to proceed with our formal offer we will then instruct a RICS Chartered Surveyor to inspect your property. This will be paid for by Birmingham Homebuyers
- Should the survey reveal the property is not of standard construction or not be “marketable” and/or “mortgageable” then our formal offer may be amended.
- To sell your property you will need to use a property lawyer. You may instruct your own Lawyer or alternatively use one we recommend.
- If you use a Lawyer recommended by us Birmingham Homebuyers will pay all your legal fees. If you choose to use your own Lawyer we will make a contribution of £600 towards the legal fee. This is only payable on completion of the sale and will not be payable if the sale does not proceed to completion.
- Your Lawyer will be required to have Professional Indemnity Insurance of no less than two million pounds, a minimum of two partners, be a Solicitor or Licensed Conveyancer based in the UK and have no disciplinary proceedings or action registered against them.
- As we do not meet clients face to face we will instruct an external agency to verify the ID of all registered sellers of the property.
- Once we have received the legal report on title from our Lawyer together with the RICS survey report we will then reconfirm our formal offer. If there is anything adverse raised in either of these reports that could have an impact on the value then we may need to adjust the formal offer. Both of these reports are available for inspection by you or your lawyer.
- You are under no obligation to proceed with the sale of the property to Birmingham Homebuyers until contracts are exchanged. Exchange of Contracts is done by your Lawyer who will do this only with your instruction. At this point you become legally bound to proceed. Prior to exchange of contracts a completion date will be agreed.
- Unless agreed otherwise the property will be sold to Birmingham Homebuyers with vacant possession on completion.
- We are members of The Property Ombudsman and have a formal complaints procedure. Details of this can be found under ‘Complaints’ on on our website.
We can help!
If you have a complaint, we require this in writing either by post or email. This will make sure we have fully understood all your concerns and issues, which will allow us to consider and investigate your complaint fully.
Please email or write in to our Customer Services Department providing us with your contact details and the nature of your complaint: –
Or you can write to:-
Birmingham Homebuyers will acknowledge receipt of your complaint in writing within 3 working days. Your complaint will then be investigated promptly and you will receive a full response within 15 working days. If you are still not satisfied you will be advised how you can further pursue your complaint within our business. This will provide a separate and detached review of the complaint which you will receive within 15 working days.